With a colour to make your heart smile, and a nutritional density to excite your cells, this Golden Milk Turmeric Faux Latte has become my daily pick me up, in all the ways you can imagine. Who doesn’t have body pains? Inflammation (stress) happens, and for many, it happens all the time (ie. it’s chronic). This drink is designed to attack that inflammation (thank you, turmeric), so that the inflammation can stop attacking you. Excited? Read on for the recipe.
1.5 cups warm water or tea (chaga, chai)
1/4 cup coconut cream or unsweetened nut milk
1 tbsp coconut oil or MCT oil (or both!)
2 tbsp turmeric (fresh or powdered)
2 tbsp ginger (fresh or powdered)
¼ tsp cinnamon, vanilla and chai powders
pinch black pepper, pink salt, stevia (psst! black pepper helps turmeric get absorbed)
Tips and Techniques
- To ensure the water isn’t too hot, you should be able to place your finger underwater for up to 5 seconds without pain
- An alternative to milk is ~3 tbsp of hemp or pumpkin seeds
- If you enjoy this recipe, consider creating a pre-mixed jar for yourself with the powders, for convenience and to support compliance
- If you absolutely can’t put warm water in your blender, try blending the recipe with room temperature water and then heat it up on the stove
Why I Love My Recipe
Just like my foffee recipe, this drink is a performance enhancer! It’s got all the right ingredients to support happiness, satiation, energy and productivity. It’s also such a crowd pleaser, given the unique, bright colour, which makes it perfect as an introductory (but secretly next level ninja) drink to share with family and friends. Covert therapy, guys, it’s the next big thing.
- Coconut is high in health-promoting, energizing fat and MCT oil specifically is enriched with the kind of fat that fuels your body and brain
- Turmeric is a liver activator and powerful anti-inflammatory
- Ginger acts both as a digestive aid and anti-inflammatory agent
To a high-speed blender, add warm water or tea, followed by the remaining wet and dry ingredients.
Blend on high for 15-20 seconds and serve.